All prize money winnings are subject to Prize Money Rules and race regulations. [A] Top Overall World 10K Finishers (includes Indian and overseas finishers)
[B] Top Indian World 10K Finishers
(for Indian citizens residing in India)
[C] Event Record Bonus
[D] Indian Event Record Jackpot
Winner medals will be presented to,
|Finish Posn||Amount in US Dollars|
|Finish Posn||Amount in Indian Rupees|
|(i)||Bonus for TCW10K 2023 Overall Elite Champion||USD 8,000||USD 8,000|
|(ii)||Bonus for Indian Elite Winner||INR 1,00,000||INR 1,00,000|
|Jackpot for Top Indian Elite Finishers||INR 1,00,000||INR 1,00,000|
- Top 3 overall men and women elite finishers
- Top 3 Indian elite men and women finishers
World 10K: Prize Money Rules
- Race results announced on race day will be ‘provisional’. Final results and entitlement to prize money shall be subject to the rules mentioned herein and the Race Regulations.
- Only confirmed elite athletes confirmed in the World 10K will be entitled to be considered for prize money given in the prize money structure above, if falling within the prize money winning positions.
- Finish positions of the World 10K race category will be based on gun time alone.
- Any runner, Indian or international, who is one of the top overall World 10K finishers, will be entitled to prize money stated in Chart A. The first 10 Indian World 10K finishers, who do not feature in the top overall World 10K finisher list, will be entitled to prize money in Chart B. However, where an Indian runner finishes as one of the top overall World 10K finishers, he/she will receive prize money stated either in Chart A or Chart B, whichever is HIGHER. In the instance of an Indian runner availing of the higher prize money amount from Chart B, there will be no change in the overall finishing positions in Chart A, the overall finishing positions remain the same.
- Athletes crossing the start line after the timings given below will not be entitled to rankings or prize money–
- World 10K elite women must cross the start line no later than 7:12 a.m.
- World 10K elite men must cross the start line no later than 8:02 a.m.
- The finish timings:
- While the World 10K race category will finish on the tracks of the athletic stadium of Sree Kanteerava Stadium, elite women must enter the stadium premises (from KG Marg) no later than 7:50 a.m., and elite men no later than 8:33 a.m., and
- The finish time cut-offs (under the finish gate on the athletic track of Sree Kanteerava Athletic Stadium) for elite women is 7:52 a.m. and for elite men is 8:35 a.m.
- World 10K Event Record Bonus & Jackpot:
- Bonus for World 10K winner [Chart C(i)] – The event record bonus will be for the overall World 10K winner finishing sub 27:38s (Male, 27:37s or faster) / sub 30:35s (Female, 30:34s or faster).
- Bonus for World 10K Indian winner [Chart C(ii)] – The event record bonus will be for the Indian World 10K winner finishing sub 29:49s (Male, 29:48s or faster) / sub 33:38s (Female, 33:37s or faster).
- Jackpot for top Indian World 10K finishers [Chart D] – Top Indian World 10K finishers, including the Indian World 10K winner, finishing sub 29:49s (Male, 29:48s or faster) / sub 33:38s (Female, 33:37s or faster), shall stand to win the Jackpot divided equally amongst them.
- The above event course record bonuses and jackpot are eligible only for the confirmed elite World 10K runners.
- In addition to the criteria mentioned herein, final entitlement to rankings and prize money positions shall be subject to –
- Bib tag timing captured across all timing points on the course, including at the start and finish mats,
- Physical verification by technical officials, and
- Dope test results.
- Elite athlete winners refusing to undergo dope testing will be disqualified from this Event and shall not be allowed to participate in the 2024 edition of the Event.
- Athletes found to have interchanged their bib tag and/or their running number bib with others, will be disqualified from the competition. Such athletes shall not be entitled to any timing or prize money (where applicable).
- Prize winners declared may be required, at the sole discretion of the Event Promoter, to submit a certified true copy of documents of proof of identity and/or date of birth, as may be required, for disbursement of prize money. Refusal of submission of adequate and relevant documents will entail to the athlete’s participation to be disqualified from the Event.
- Post verification of results and anti-doping test results, prize money cheques of winners falling within the finish positions as given in the prize money structure shall be drawn in the individual name of the athlete.
- Prize Money, Bonus and Jackpot winnings are subject to Indian Income Tax Rules and the same will be borne by the winner. TDS percentages will be based on the rates and rules in force as on date of disbursement.
- Indian Elite finishers entitled to prize money given in Chart A, will receive prize money equivalent in Indian Rupees calculated at the applicable exchange rate as on date of disbursement.
- Protests and Appeals:
- The athlete and/or his/her representative can appeal to the Technical Delegate in relation to the official race results declared, in writing, within 30 minutes of the official announcement of the results on race day, of relevant race category. Results will be put up at the respective elite athlete tents within the Sree Kanteerava Stadium.
- The protest letter needs to be submitted at the Elite Result Appeals Desk outside the elite athlete tents.
- Where the Race Referee makes a decision, the athlete and/or the representative has the right to appeal to the Jury of Appeal. An appeal to the Jury of Appeal must be made at the Elite Result Appeals Desk within 30 minutes – (i) of the official announcement of the amended result which has been arrived at from the decision by the Race Referee, or (ii) of informing the person lodging the protest that the results will not be amended.
- The Jury of Appeal shall deliver its decision within 14 working days of filing the appeal. The decision of the Jury of Appeal shall be final and there shall be no further right of appeal.
- The Protests and Appeals for the elite races will be guided by rules given in this document, and the World Athletics Competition Rules in force on race day (i.e. 21st May 2023).
|Nicholas Kimelli||KEN/1998||26:51 (ER)|
|Tadesse Worku||ETH/ 2002||26:56|
|Yalemget Yaregal Mekuriyaw||ETH/2003||30:54|
|Mercline Cherono||KEN/ 1992||31:47|