Green Initiatives at TCS World 10K 2023
TCS World 10k 2023 will be a 100% waste managed event, with a focus on managing waste through the 3R Principal –Reduce, Re-use & Recycle.
Procam International is working closely with BBMP (Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike) and Hasiru Dala Innovations (HDI), a social enterprise – focused on creating better livelihoods for waste pickers.HDI will be advising Procam International about different eco-friendly alternatives and ensure efficient waste management.
TCS World 10K 2023 Green Initiatives Include:
- Ensuring Zero waste to Landfill.
- Fast Track last mile waste disposal.
- Using TCS World 10K as a platform to promote awareness about waste management& environmental practices through adequate communication.
- Online Registrations
- Digital Handbooks for participants
- Email and Digital communication with participants to help reduce paper consumption
- Bibs distributed without any plastic cover
- Reusable Cloth backpack Bags for holding Bibs and personal items
- Paper bags used for Event Kitting
- Participants encouraged to return the plastic covers of race day event tees in designated bins at Expo.
- Participants encouraged to bring their own water bottle to the event which can be refilled at the refill counters provided at water stations.
- Reducing plastic. No Water bottles in the Venue, Refreshment Zone and Holding Area. Water to be distributed in paper cups (without plastic lining)
- Participants encouraged to dispose waste in the right bin through various announcements and waste pickers / volunteers. All areas are manned by tagged bins for collection of dry and wet
- Waste segregation at source – Dry & Wet Waste segregated at the source of generation ie: the Event Expo,Race Course, Holding area, Start/Finish, Event Marquees and Media Centre among
- On Race Day at the Venue – there will be large Waste kiosks (centralized waste disposal & collection stations), that will have separate bins – DRY for paper, tetra packs etc, PLASTIC for PET bottles, food containers and WET for food waste.
- Organic waste – will be collected and converted to bio CNG at HDI’s bio gas plant
- Pet bottles will be recycled and converted to buttons which will be used in apparel.
- Waste paper and cardboard will be recycled to paper,files, craft paper etc.
- Branding recycled: All branding will be on cloth. NGO Swabhimaan will becollecting all the branding and making them into dry garbage collection bags which will be used back in the next event.
- Garbage bags for current event made from last year’s branding leftover material.
- Excess Food items post the event will be distributed to the needy through NGO Swabhimaan.
- Majja Run medals to be a recycled medal.
- Detailed sustainability report, along with waste generation data will also be promoted on the event website and social media.